Robotics and Multiperception (RAM) Lab
Robotics Institute, ECE Department
the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Email: lei [dot] tai [ac] my [dot] cityu [dot] edu [dot] hk
I received a B.S.(2012) and a M.S.(2014) in Engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT). From Aug 2014 to May 2015, I was a researcher in ECE, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. After that, I joined the PhD program since Aug 2015, where my supervisor is Ming Liu.
In the last year of the undergraduate, I joined the ABU Robocon as a team member of HIT Competitive Robot Team. Since then, I started my robotics work.
I am an IEEE Student Member since 2015 and RAS Technical Committes Member on Robot Learning since 2016. My research interests include deep learning, inverse reinforcement learning and learning from demonstrations on mobile robots.
- June. 2017 Our paper Virtual-to-real Deep Reinforcement Learning: Continuous Control of Mobile Robots for Mapless Navigation is accepted by IROS 2017.
- June. 2017 Our paper PCA-aided Fully Convolutional Networks for Semantic Segmentation of Multi-channel fMRI is nominated for the Best Paper Finalist of ICAR 2017.
- May. 2017 Gazebo_ROS_Pedestrians: A ros gazebo plugin for pedestrians.
- March. 2017 PyTorch-A3C: An implementation of Advantage async actor-critic Algorithms (A3C) in PyTorch.
- March. 2017 PyTorch-value-iteration-networks: An implementation of Value Iteration Network in PyTorch.
- March. 2017 I start to work in the University of Freiburg as a visiting scholar.
- Jan. 2017 I start to work in Robotic Institue, HKUST.
- Dec. 2016 We submitted a survey paper about deep learning in mobile robotics to IJRR. The manuscript is released in arXiv .